THERE ARE 3 PRIORITY STEPS WHEN CONSIDERING FACIAL INJECTABLES:
1. CHECK IT (THE PROFESSIONAL)In Australia, a wide variety of registered healthcare professionals can administer injectable aesthetic products, so it’s important to do your research and check the experience and qualifications of the healthcare professional (HCP) you choose to undertake the treatment.
- Check the registration, qualification, experience of your HCP
- Have a consultation prior to treatment
- Confirm a personalised treatment plan in line with your expectations
2. SEE IT (THE PRODUCT)Due to the wide range of aesthetic products in the marketplace, it is important that you understand what product is being recommended by your clinician and that it is registered for use in Australia.
- Check the name of the product you will be receiving
- Understand when results will be seen and how long they will last
3. FIND IT (THE PLACE)With so many clinics spread across the country, there are a number of things to consider when it comes to choosing the right clinic for your treatment.
Be wary of ‘special offers’ and discounts, especially those that sound too good to be true. Instead, if you are seeking treatment, ask friends for recommendations or conduct your own research via reputable clinic finders.
- Check the clinic is formally registered and licensed
- Look for a displayed copy of the clinic’s licence
- Request before and after images of previous patients
FIND A CLINIC NEAR YOU AND ASK ABOUT A CONSULTATION.